Thursday, October 29, 2009

Two More Races added for 2009

Today I signed up for the Buffalo, NY YMCA Turkey Trot. And to be honest, I would drag myself across the line just so I can wear the T-shirt. Turkey Trots have been the rock to my late fall training session. I've ran one about every year since I was 9. I've won overall titles and giant turkeys but really is just a great day to go out and run! This year I am following my husband to visit his mother's family in Buffalo and boy was I excited to hear about this race!!
Established in 1896, this race will mark its 114th start on Thanksgiving morning, making it the oldest continually running footrace in North America (even older than the Boston Marathon)!
I've even convinced some other family members to register - and most of them didn't even know this race existed.

Second I've been apart of a two-day email thread that started with one team of three to four teams!! I'll be running the Huff 50k Trail Race as part of a women relay team. We're starting to think that the number for women's relay teams is going to beat out the number of men's teams - Go Team IE!

No comments: