Monday, October 26, 2009

The Weekend Warrior

Hubby and I have been some serious Weekend Warriors for the past two weeks going to 3 football games in 3 different states. First was homecoming weekend at IU. My baby sis is a freshman and hubby's fraternity was having a together so there was plenty of grilled food, snacks with dip, and cheap beer to go around. Then this past weekend we drove over 800 miles to go Hubby's high school homecoming for an awesome MJ Thriller themed halftime show (choreographed by his sis) in Michigan then head down to Cincy for the Bears and Bengals game. Yes it was a looonnnnggggg weekend.

When being a Weekend Warrior anything goes - food wise. And after this weekend I am in dire need of a detox! I tried to be good and pack a cooler of deli meat, cheese, whole grain bread, apples, pears, and TLC crackers. This all lasted for one meal. My go to road trip foods are McDonanld's crispy chicken snack wraps (no sauce), bottled green tea, and original chex mix but hubby and I crossed the line and got Bear Claws and Twinkies (man i love those!). I really need to stay in the car when we stop for gas - I'm a sucker for convenience marts!

Workout Goals this Week
*Swim at least once
*Try out the Barre bootcamp at the gym (supposed to be like a ballet boot camp, I'm hoping it does ballet exercises that open the hips)
*Don't fall as much and try to catch the ball at least one time in football
*Run 4 times this week
*Get in a long run over 7 miles

No comments: