Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Friday Treat: Protein Bar

This are looking up! I'm officially signed up for the Huff 50k - Team IE Blondies relay! I've made some serious progress this week as I attempt to get back in good form. I'm now fully signed up for master's swimming. Since its already halfway through the session I choose to only get the 4-punch card. I swam for the first time since IM yesterday - 1200m and I thought I was going to drown!!! SO I know I won't be able to go to the 90min Distance swim practice but for the next few weeks I'll be trying out the 1 hr mid-distance practice, I'll let you know how it goes on Friday.

Friday Treat
I used to always have Fridays as my off/rest days, it was my little treat. Well while training for IM Friday's no longer became my rest days - those were switched to Monday. Truly it was a blessing because Mondays are the hardest days to wake-up early (next to Friday), I was able to get all my Wifey chores done for the week (grocery, dry cleaning, some big meal that resulted in leftovers), and it allowed me to recover from the weekend's workouts. Still though, I miss my Friday treat, and so as a compromise and end of work week reward I stop and purchase breakfast. Last week I went to Protein Bar in the SW corner of the loop. Not only is it convenient to get to from train to work but its the healthiest bfast option (bye-bye egg mcmuffin)!! I got a make-your-own oatmeal bowl - steal cut oats, Almond Milk, Sliced Almonds, Aguave, Strawberry protein powder, and Sliced Strawberries. They also carry Kombucha drinks and Chobani - you know, just in case you need a fix! Hubby even ventures from his opposite end Loop location - although he refers to it as the place I go to get jacked-up...... too much coffee there Hubs!

No comments: