Monday, November 2, 2009

MMMmmmmmm Oaties!!!!



Meet my new love - Oat Bran. I recently attempted a recipe that included oat bran. Nonetheless the recipe (coconut & oat bran talapia) was Not a hit. But a few other food bloggies have been making morning oat bran and since the bag was just hanging out in my pantry I thought I should try. I have now entered Oat Bran Bliss.

1 c. Water
1 c. Vanilla Almond Milk
2/3 c. Bob Mills Oat Bran
1 T light brown sugar
1 t Trader Joe's Agave
dash of cinnamon
Toppings
Pumpkin Butter
Vanilla Almond Butter
More Brown Sugar (i was on a sugar kick, I could have done w/o the T in the mixer)

I do not believe I have ever eaten oat bran before. It is very much like cream of wheat which is the best way to describe the texture of the oaties.


Sunday, Hubs and I went to Orange on Roscoe, the place for brunch. I got pan seared steel cut oatmeal. Very Delish!
There are numerous Orange restaurants in the Chicago area. We decided on the one in Roscoe village thinking it would be less busy. We were seated right away but out server didn't arrive for 15 minutes. Also we were sat near a speaker that blared what I can only describe as Dolly Parton music.





Here is this mornings Yummies!
Pineapple Chobani
1 Kiwi
1/2 Banana
1 c. Natures Path cereal










Last Week's Workout Progress
*I didn't swim
*I didn't try the class at the gym, no yoga either
*Sacked the QB!
*Ran 3 times but didn't get in the long run

Workout Goals this Week
*Win the last game of the Football season
*Swim, Swim, Swim - and sign back up for Masters
*Get up and bike with AK on Thursday
*Run 7 miles

1 comment:

N.D. said...

that oatbran looks delicious!