Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I <3 Costco

I picked up some good buys recently. Due to a number of blogs I have begun two obsessions - Naturally Nutty Peanut Butter and Chobani Yogurt. I even have gotten Hubby hooked on the PB. In the last month we have made two orders online. Here's breakfast-I had to try every one!



Next is Chobani. I have been in dire need of upping my protein intake. Especially on salad days when chicken isn't an option. Initially I wasn't able to find it at the store I went to. So I did the obvious and looked it up online. Luckily there is a list of store locations. I was able to get it at Jewel or Whole Foods for around $1.80ish. Well GUESS WHAT?!?! Costco also carries Chobani, where I got a dozen for $11.67!! I love Costco.


Yesterday I got back into the swing of things. After the long Chica Bike Weekend I thought I would be in great need of some rest and recovery. To be honest by Monday afternoon I wasn't feeling too bad. That's when I got the email from Coach G with my weekly schedule. First he told me to take both Monday and Tuesday off. Yes, two days off is a vacation in my book but I'm training for an IRONMAN - there's no vacation in IM!! I let Coach G know I was in to start back up on Tuesday. His reply "Ok, you asked for it, its on tomorrow:)" - Masters Swimming and a 6 Mile run ending with strides. I felt great during the run, 6 miles at 49:40. Swimming was a different story, the pool finally opened up to the 'Big Pool' - 50meter length. I've swam long course before but I expected to be tired then. I could not get in a rhythm, the guys I usually lead were leading me, and I really felt like a cat in the water!! 3200m later I was done, swamped, couldn't feel my arms, lets just hope next week is better.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Great find w/ the costco buy!! I'm joining this wknd, can't wait to see what my store carries!!

Shannon said...

Wow IronMan...way cool!

RunToTheFinish said...

ohh Naturally Nutty is the best!!! seriously I am addicted to their stuff

I think Annie Chun's bowl I found at Whole Foods